Code of Virginia § 46.2-613. “Offenses relating to registration, licensing, and certificates of title; penalties”
- No person shall operate or permit the operation of a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by him to be operated on a highway unless
- it is registered,
- a certificate of title therefor has been issued, and
- it has displayed on it the license plate or plates and decal or decals, if any, assigned to it by the Department for the current registration period, subject to the exemptions mentioned in Article 5 (§ 46.2-655 et seq.) and Article 6 (§ 46.2-662 et seq.). The provisions of this subdivision shall apply to the registration, licensing, and titling of mopeds on or after July 1, 2014.
How Can A Richmond – Virginian Citizen Get Their Vehicle Registered In The State Of Virginia?
Virginia’s Commonwealth requires all drivers to follow and obey the traffic laws as stated by the law. Anyone found in violation of the law, the relevant authorities will suspend that individual’s driving license.
If a Richmond – Virginian driver has not registered their motor vehicle at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of Richmond – Virginia, that citizen will not be permitted to drive that automobile on any road or on the highway of the state of Virginia. After a driver has purchased an automobile, they have a time period of no more than 30 days to fulfill all the relevant requirements as per the set Virginian law. If any citizen is found to be in violation of the state law, they will face complications in acquiring their automobile registration. Not just that, they will also have to deal with the DMV and traffic charges.
What Are the Requirement to Get Your Automobile Registered In The State Of Virginia
It is only until you have registered your car at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of Virginia that you will be allowed to drive your motor vehicle on the highway or on any road of the state of Virginia. To get your automobile registered head, you will need to go to your local Virginia DMV office. You will be asked to submit
- Ownership documents
- proof of your residency and identity
- inspection certificate
- proof of insurance (must be greater or equal to25/50/20)
- payment slips of the registration fee
Penalty For A Richmond – Virginian Driver Caught Driving With an Expired Registration
If a driver’s license of a Virginian driver is suspended or revoked, and they are still found driving their automobile, they will be held charged for Class 1 misdemeanor. Of all misdemeanors, this one is considered to be the most severe class. A driver will have to face the following penalty of
- Serving 12 months’ time as jail time
- $2,500 as fine
- Increased time period of license suspension
- Confinement of the vehicle by the state
- Being convicted for the third time within 10 years, the driver will face the consequences of Class 1 and 2 misdemeanors